While we would rather that they never happen, auto accidents are a reality in the world that we live in. Do you know what you should do in the event that you are in an accident? Today we want to share with you a few steps that you should take in the event that you are in a collision.
1. Never drive away from the scene of an accident, even a minor one. Stop and handle the situation.
2. You can prevent further accidents by setting up flares, or keeping your flashers on. If it is dark and your lights don’t work, you should have a flashlight to keep you safe while you wait in your disabled car or by the side of the road.
3. Even if there are no serious injuries, it is a good idea to call the police. You may need a police report to file a claim with your insurance company, even if it is just to make a claim for damage to your vehicle. The vehicles involved in the accident should remain where they are, unless they interfere with traffic.
4. Make sure that you have a accurate record of what happened. The police will be able to help sort everything out and provide a report on the accident.
5. Seek medical attention, even if you think that you are not injured. After a collision, adrenaline is pumping through your body, making it difficult to sense pain. Let the paramedics give you a good once over to make sure you are not injured.
6. Take pictures and exchange contact information.
Once you have things wrapped up and are ready to go to the repairs process, bring your vehicle to the collision repair center at All Star Dodge Ram in Missouri. They have all of the tools, parts, and knowledge to get your car back to its pre-collision glory!