It’s that time of the year when we get to start seeing the different spy shots on the models that will be seeing the changes for the next model year. Today we want to take a look at the changes that we think we saw on the latest spy shots of the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon that you will be able to get at All Star Jeep Dealer near Clayton for 2018.
- Solid frame, fixed roll cage in roughly the same location as current sport bar
- Fully removable roof
- Fully removable doors
- Overall vehicle and windows/windshield appear taller above the belt line (more headroom and better visibility?)
- Turns signal on side mirrors which are attached higher on the doors (within new window moldings) than current model.
- Character line/belt line that runs the length of the car from A pillar to the rear
- New larger front bumper design which extends out further
- Fog lights location moved from middle of bumper to the edges
- Front fenders end higher and contain LED light strips
- Larger, more blunt/upright grille with kinked slats that bend slightly in the middle
- Headlights curve into the outer grille slats (matches the previously leaked grille exactly)
- Hood is slightly longer and appears to be less angular and with less forward rake than the current model
- Rubicon hood looks similar to the current one, with black vents flanking a center hump
- Hood latches position have moved forward slightly toward the edge of the hood
- “Vent and boomerang styling detail on front quarter panels, immediately aft of the front fenders”-jlwranglerforums.com
- Fold down windshield with two side hinges instead of current center hinge (previously reported by jeep.com)
- Taller, more raked windshield appears to sit lower (closer to the hood) with flatter glass (compared to current convex windshield)
While these are the changes that we saw, they may not be the final changes – we will have to wait and find out!