On July 16th, Ram announced that with the the 2015 model year, it will adopt the adopt the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2807 standardized tow rating practices. These practices will spread across all three full size pickup truck segments and include the 1/2-ton ram 1500, 3/4-ton Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, and one-ton Ram 3500 Heavy Duty. Ram is the first automaker to offer this feature. According to Reid Bigland, President and CEO – Ram Truck Brand, “Because our customers asked for it, every single 2015 model year pickup truck Ram sells will come with a trailer-tow rating achieved using SAE’s J2807 testing protocols. No other automaker can make that claim.”
The following are the 2015 Ram SAE J2807 towing capabilities:
- Ram 1500 V-6 with 3.6-liter gasoline Pentastar with 8-speed transmission – This truck offers an unsurpassed 7,600 pounds towing capacity and a best-in-class gasoline fuel economy of 25 mpg.
- Ram 1500 V-6 with 3.0-liter EcoDiesel with 8-speed transmission – This truck offers best-in-class 9,200 pounds towing capacity and best-in-class fuel economy of 28 MPG.
- Ram 1500 V-8 with 5.7-liter gasoline HEMI – This truck offers 10,650 pounds towing capacity and exclusive 8-speed transmission.
- Ram 2500 V-8 with 6.4-liter gasoline HEMI – This truck offers 16,300 pounds towing capacity and
- Ram 2500 with 6.7-liter Cummins diesel – This truck offers Best-in-class 17,970 pounds towing capacity and and a payload capacity of 3,970 lbs.
- Ram 3500 V-8 with 6.4-liter gasoline HEMI – This truck offers 16,420 pounds towing capacity.
- Ram 3500 with 6.7-liter Cummins diesel – This truck offers best-in-class 30,000 pounds towing capacity plus 385 horsepower and 850 lb.-ft. of torque.
Don’s miss out on your chance to take advantage of these great capability standards offered by the 2015 Ram Truck lineup. Get into your Dodge Ram dealer near Kirkwood, MO to get the best deal on a St. Louis Dodge Ram truck for sale now!